NEW! Tibetan Lands: Nomads, Lakes and Monasteries - Trekking The Roof Of The World
This unusual trip to Tibet begins in Lhasa, the center of the Tibetan mandala. Here you can explore some of the holiest sites to all of the Buddhists – the Jokhang, Potala and other key places. Then, traveling northeast, you cross the Nyanchan Thangla Mountains to Lake Nam Tso, the second largest saltwater lake in Tibet. Heading back south, you travel first to Reteng Monastery and then stop at Ganden before trekking from Trupshi to Chimpu in the Tsetang area. Here, in the summer, you meet and get to know nomads with their herds of yaks and sheep, and enjoy the incredible scenery.
After a stop at Samye, a model of the Buddhist universe, you head back to Lhasa and fly home.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5195.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Saturday, July 4, 2015 - Sunday, July 19, 2015 and Saturday, August 1, 2015 - Sunday, August 16, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Beijing.|
|Day 2||Fly to Lhasa (About 5 ½ hours). Slow walk around Jokhang and evening service at Ranoche.|
|Day 3||Visit Jokhang, Potala, Norbulinkha and Lhukhang.|
|Day 4||Visit Phabonkha and Sera.|
|Day 5||Drive Lhasa to Lake Nam Tso (About 6 hours).|
|Day 6||Explore Lake Nam Tso.|
|Day 7||Drive Nam Tso to Reteng Monastery (About 4 hours).|
|Day 8||Explore Reteng and do the kora around it.|
|Day 9||Drive Reteng to Ganden (about 2 ½ hours) and on to Drupshi. Trek to herders camp (About 3 hours).|
|Day 10||Trek Herder camp to valley beyond Zukur La Pass (About 6-7 hours).|
|Day 11||Trek meadow camp across Chetur La down to the Drokpa Camp (About 6-7 hours).|
|Day 12||Trek Drokpa Camp to Yamalung Meadows (About 5 hours).|
|Day 13||Trek Yamalung Meadow to Nyengo Village. Drive Chimpu and hike to cave. (About 1 ½ hours walking).|
|Day 14||Hike to Samye and visit monastery. Drive Tsetang (1/2 hour).|
|Day 15||Visit Yombulakhang and Valley of the Kings. Return to Lhasa (2 hours).|
|Day 16||Free until time to fly to Beijing.|