Indochine: Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
A superb trip for families and individuals, this is a marvelous blend of the Vietnamese ocean world, the Laotian Mekong world, and the magnificence of the Cambodian Khmer civilization. You begin in Saigon where you can journey out into the Mekong Delta and then head to Hanoi via the charming town of Hoi An. From Hanoi, you fly to Luang Prabang and spend several days exploring this quaint Laotian city. Continuing to Vientiane, you then catch a flight to Cambodia. Your journey finishes in Siem Reap, exploring the temples of the Angkor Civilization.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4595.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - Sunday, January 25, 2015 and Sunday, November 29, 2015 - Sunday, December 13, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Saigon. Welcome dinner.|
|Day 2||Visit to the Mekong Delta and markets and a taste of Saigon.|
|Day 3||Fly Danang. Visit Cham Museum and drive Hoi An.|
|Day 4||Visit My Son and tour Hoi An and islands.|
|Day 5||Fly Hanoi. Visit Market, Old Quarter and enjoy Cheo Performance.|
|Day 6||Tour Hanoi. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 7||Fly Luang Prabang. Afternoon city tour and visit to Traditional Ethnology Center.|
|Day 8||Boat ride to Pak Ou Caves and visit craft villages and Ok Pop Tok.|
|Day 9||Visit Talat Market, Khouang Si Falls and Nophao.|
|Day 10||Fly Vientiane. Evening visit to the market.|
|Day 11||Tour Vientiane, visit market, temples and textile stores.|
|Day 12||Fly Siem Reap. PM visit to Preah Khan, Neak Poan and Pre Rup sunset.|
|Day 13||Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei, Banteay Samre, Landmine Museum and Angkor Thom.|
|Day 14||Angkor Wat, boat ride on Tonle Sap, Artisans d'Angkor. PM flight to Bangkok.|
|Day 15||Depart for home.|