Vietnam and Cambodia: Mekong - The Veins Of The Dragon
A superb trip for families and individuals, Vietnam and Cambodia blends the world of the Mekong and the magnificence of the Cambodian Khmer civilization. Begin by exploring Hanoi and practicing Tai Chi by the lake with the locals. Visit the Cham Museum near Danang and the old Chinese port town of Hoi An. Fly on to Saigon to wander the markets, before taking a boat through the Mekong Delta down to Phnom Penh. End your journey clambering around the Khmer temples of Siem Reap and boating on the Tonle Sap River.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3995.00 per person (based on 4-10 people)
Dates: Saturday, January 24, 2015 - Saturday, February 7, 2015 and Sunday, November 22, 2015 - Sunday, December 6, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Saigon. Walk through downtown. Welcome dinner and Cheo show.|
|Day 2||Drive Ben Tre. Boat ride down Mekong to homes and factories. Bike through villages. Evening at a local home with a cooking demonstration|
|Day 3||Boat trip to Tai Phu Canal and bike to My Long Market, temple and village. Board Mango Cruise and explore canals|
|Day 4||Bike through Vung Liem Town. Boat down canals to Cai Be to homestay. Rowboat through delta|
|Day 5||Boat to Cai Be Market and special breakfast. Bassac Cruise|
|Day 6||Arrive Cai Rang. Visit this largest Mekong floating market. Transfer to Hotel. PM Free|
|Day 7||Visit very rare authentic floating market and explore town. PM free|
|Day 8||Depart for Chau Doc, stopping at Cham village|
|Day 9||Cross at Xa Xia/Prek Chak into Cambodia. Visit cave temple and drive Kep|
|Day 10||AM boat to Rabbit Island. PM Explore caves of Phnom Sorsia|
|Day 11||AM drive to Phnom Penh. PM City Tour|
|Day 12||Visit Toul Sleng, Killing Fields, Pour Une Sourire d’Enfant and markets. Sunset Cruise|
|Day 13||Fly Reap. Visit Bakong and Kompong Khleang. PM dance performance|
|Day 14||Dawn at Ta Prohm. Visit Banteay Srei. Hike up Kbal Spean for picnic. Landmine Museum and sunset at Phnom Bakheng|
|Day 15||Dawn at Angkor Wat. Visit Artisans d’Angkor, Angkor Thom and Bayon. Depart for home.|