Vietnam: Motorcycling The Ho Chi Minh Trail
This trip is a first - a motorcycle trip down the famous Ho Chi Minh trail from Hanoi to Saigon on primarily Honda or Suzuki 125 cc motorcycles. Along the way, you can share discussions with a guide who was part of the war – Le Van Cuong – and visit places that had meaning for him on the trail. During your ride, you will visit everything from Ho Chi Minh’s birthplace to the Chinese fishing town of Hoi An, to the hill retreat of Dalat. This is true Vietnam – a trip like no other. Part is on a new highway, part on dirt roads, part in towns, part in hill tribe villages (Se Dang, Pa Co, Bahnar, and others). Some of the hotels are excellent, but others are very, very basic - the “best available” - so be prepared.
Part of the trip vividly shows the Vietnam of today, and part is recorded forever in history. As one cycler said, “I have traveled all around the world, but this is the first time I have traveled IN the world."
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $6695.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Monday, January 26, 2015 - Tuesday, February 10, 2015 and Sunday, March 1, 2015 - Monday, March 16, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Hanoi. Cyclo ride and Hanoi water puppet show.|
|Day 2||Hanoi city tour and overnight train to Vinh.|
|Day 3||Vinh to Huong Khe - 63 miles.|
|Day 4||Huong Khe - Phong Nha (Quang Binh) - Dong Hoi Town - 131 miles.|
|Day 5||Dong Hoi Town - Dong Ha (Quang Tri) - 110 miles.|
|Day 6||Dong Ha - Dakrong - Khe Sanh (Quang Tri) - Dakrong Bridge - A Luoi (Thua Thien Hue Province) - 106 miles.|
|Day 7||A Luoi to Hien to Than Mai to Hoi An - 150 miles.|
|Day 8||Tour Hoi An.|
|Day 9||Hoi An - My Son - Dong Phu - Kham Duc (Phuoc Son) - 100 miles.|
|Day 10||Kham Duc - Kon Tum - 120 miles.|
|Day 11||Kon Tum - Buon Me Thuot - 150 miles.|
|Day 12||Buon Ma Thuot - Lak Lake - Dalat - 125 miles.|
|Day 13||Tour Dalat.|
|Day 14||Dalat - Saigon - 188 miles.|
|Day 15||Tour Saigon.|
|Day 16||Depart Vietnam for home.|