A Taste of Vietnam
Designed as a "sneak-peak" for this diverse country, this short trip takes you to some of the highlights - the Mekong Delta and its markets, the charming port town of Hoi An and the Nguyen capital of Hue, as well as Hanoi, perhaps the only beautiful capital city in Asia. Along the way, you will have a cooking lesson, attend a special music performance and take a boat ride through the Mekong Delta.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2295.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Custom dates available.
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Saigon. Welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Visit to the Mekong Delta and markets and a taste of Saigon|
|Day 3||Fly Danang. Visit Cham Museum and drive Hoi An or time with a farmer in Tra Que.|
|Day 4||Visit My Son and tour Hoi An and islands|
|Day 5||Drive over Hai Van Pass to Hue. PM visit to Citadel and An Hien House|
|Day 6||Boat ride on Perfume River and visit to tombs and villages. PM cooking lesson|
|Day 7||Fly Hanoi. Visit Market, Old Quarter and enjoy Cheo Performance.|
|Day 8||Tour Hanoi. Farewell dinner|
|Day 9||Home or start Halong Bay - Sea Canoe extension: Drive to Halong Bay and board the sea canoe boat.|
|Day 10||Halong Bay - Sea Canoe extension: Explore the bay. Return to Halong and back to Hanoi or head to airport for flight back home.|