From Untouristed Hill Tribes to Halong's Lagoons
This special trip will introduce you to some of the best of North Vietnam - its diverse ethnic groups, a variety of different crafts, the traditional medicines of the land and some of the best scenery in the country. Arriving in Hanoi, you will tour the city and its shops as well as visit the Ethnic Museum and the Traditional Medical Hospital. Then you head north to the area around Ha Giang to visit the hill tribe areas, spending the night in local homes or simple inns. The excursion is timed to coincide with several of the weekend markets, peopled by a wide range of ethnic groups - different types of Hmong, Dzao, Dzi, Nung and others. Returning to Hanoi, you head up to Halong Bay for a three-day sea canoe trip.
Your guide for the group trips will be a very wise, special and caring North Vietnamese. He has been a guide since tourism began in Vietnam, is a National guide who has traveled the country extensively, and is much sought after for his expertise.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3295.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - Monday, March 24, 2014; Monday, June 23, 2014 - Sunday, July 6, 2014; and Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - Monday, October 27, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Hanoi, Cyclo ride, Private Cheo Performance.|
|Day 2||Hanoi City Tour.|
|Day 3||Drive Ha Giang stopping along the way. From Ha Giang, drive to Me Village.|
|Day 4||Continue to Dao Village and then hike around the area.|
|Day 5||Drive to Dong Van via Quan Ba and Yen Minh.|
|Day 6||Visit Sunday Market. Drive over Ma Pi Leng Pass down to Yen Minh.|
|Day 7||Drive to Yen Minh through Ha Giang to Hoang Su Phi.|
|Day 8||Continue on through Bac Ha to Sapa.|
|Day 9||Walk to Lao Chai and Ta Van Villages.|
|Day 10||Continue exploring Sa Pa area. PM drive to Lao Cai and catch train to Hanoi.|
|Day 11||Arrive in Hanoi in the early AM. Have breakfast and drive to Halong Bay for Sea Canoe trip.|
|Day 12||Sea Canoe in Halong Bay.|
|Day 13||Return to Hanoi. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 14||Depart Vietnam to home.|