Vietnam and Laos: Ethnic Villages and Untraveled Roads
Travel across the border between Vietnam and Laos near Hanoi, visiting Muong and Thai villages along the way. Cross into Sam Neua Province in Laos, famous for its woven fabrics. Then head to the mysterious Plain of Jars, Laos's answer to Stonehenge, before turning towards Luang Prabang. From this charming city, you travel north to Luang Namtha and Muang Sing, home to Thai Lu, Thai Dam, H'mong, Lang Ten, and other ethnic groups. You can stay in local homes and charming boutique hotels, take a boat out on the Nam Ou and Mekong rivers and see the most adventurous side of Laos and Vietnam.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4295.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, March 8, 2014 - Sunday, March 23, 2014 and Saturday, November 1, 2014 - Sunday, November 16, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Hanoi|
|Day 2||Tour Hanoi|
|Day 3||Drive through Hoa Binh and Mai Chau on your way to Ban Sai|
|Day 4||Head to the Na Meo Border and then continue to Sam Neua|
|Day 5||Sam Neua, Caves and Hmong Villages.|
|Day 6||Sam Neua to Nong Khiaw via the stone forest and villages.|
|Day 7||Boat ride down the Nam Ou River via Pak Ou Caves to Luang Prabang.|
|Day 8||Luang Prabang touring, Arts and Ethnology Center and National Museum and different watsSunset on Mt. Phousi|
|Day 9||Visit the Khouang-Si Waterfalls, weaving villages and Phousi food market|
|Day 10||Drive to Xiengkhuang, stopping at Hmong and Khmu villages, and cave|
|Day 11||Visit Plain of Jars, local villages, Tai Sam Cultural Hall, hot springs|
|Day 12||Visit UXO Laos (www.uxolaos.org) , wood workshop and fly Vientiane. Visit That Luang stupa, Patuxai, and walk along Mekong|
|Day 13||Wat Prabaht and Wat Phonson. Drive Hit Boun. Visit Hmong Market.|
|Day 14||Drive Kong Lor Village and cave by boat and foot, as well as other villages. Return to Vientiane|
|Day 15||Sightseeing in Vientiane and visit to textile galleries, Wat Sisaket, Wat Si Muang, and Haw Phra Kheao|