Insight Into Himalayan Culture
Nestled in the shadow of the Himalayas, Bhutan is a dazzling mix of extraordinary landscapes and rich cultural and religious traditions. From soaring snowcapped peaks and secluded rural valleys to thriving local festivals and markets, this vibrant Buddhist nation is sure to win your heart. Our itineraries take you deep into the heart of Bhutan – a place where monasteries cling to mountainsides, forests of rhododendrons burst into brilliant bloom, villagers welcome you into their homes and policy is measured in terms of Gross National Happiness.
- Lady from Merak Lady from Merak
- Tibetan prayer flags Tibetan prayer flags
- Trekking in Bhutan Trekking in Bhutan
- Marilyn and Michael in Bhutan Marilyn and Michael in Bhutan
- Young monks studying Young monks studying
- Mother & child - L. Barghoorn Mother & child - L. Barghoorn
- Snowy mountain trek Snowy mountain trek
- Relaxing at the end of a long day Relaxing at the end of a long day
- Thimphu temples Thimphu temples
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"We had a great time. Bhutan is the most beautiful country we have ever visited; pristine with breathtaking views. The guide and driver were both excellent. All in all, an excellent trip." - Mike and Barbara
"Our trip to Bhutan was very well planned and we had a wonderful time. Both our guide and driver were indispensable and an integral part of our trip." - Keith and Barbara