Travel through China...treat yourself to the journey of a lifetime!
Vast and alive, China is a kaleidoscope of landscapes, people, religions and culture. An exhilarating blend of modern innovation and thousands of years of history and tradition, it’s a place unlike any other you’ll ever visit. From the Great Wall to the Silk Road, from the Yangtze to Yunnan, China’s borders encompass soaring mountains, majestic rivers, lush forests and golden deserts. Equally impressive are its people – creative, accomplished and incredibly diverse, representing more than 50 different ethnic groups. Traveling from teeming global cities to tiny villages where time seems to stand still, you will be awed by China’s grandeur and touched by its intimacy and spirit.
- Elephant performance in Kunming Elephant performance in Kunming
- Shobshi Temple Shobshi Temple
- Forbidden City Temple Forbidden City Temple
- Temple of Dawn Temple of Dawn
- Li Mountains Li Mountains
- Rice fields Rice fields
- Yangshuo gentleman Yangshuo gentleman
- Making new friends in Guizhou Making new friends in Guizhou
- Sisters Meal festival Sisters Meal festival
- Kunming Lake Kunming Lake
- Jade Mountain Jade Mountain
- Yuan Garden Yuan Garden
- Silk Road dancers Silk Road dancers
- Portrait of a Muslim boy Portrait of a Muslim boy
- Camels on the Silk Road Camels on the Silk Road
- A donkey cart on the Silk Road A donkey cart on the Silk Road
- Sheep market in Kashgar Sheep market in Kashgar
- Terracotta soldiers in Xian Terracotta soldiers in Xian
- Colorful headdress Colorful headdress
- Xishuangbanna kids parade Xishuangbanna kids parade
- Temple in Xishuangbanna Temple in Xishuangbanna
- Picking tea Picking tea
- Colorful costume of the Miao Colorful costume of the Miao
- Carrying wood in Xishuangbanna Carrying wood in Xishuangbanna
- Victoria Hill in Hong Kong Victoria Hill in Hong Kong
- Exploring Heritage Market in Hong Kong Exploring Heritage Market in Hong Kong
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
Contact a country specialist
Dr. Antonia Neubauer, President
Traveler, humanitarian, and teacher, Toni is the guiding spirit behind Myths and Mountains, and founder of READ Global, a nonprofit global organization dedicated to inspiring rural prosperity by building rural library community centers and seeding sustaining businesses as catalysts for development. READ Nepal was selected as recipient of the 2006 Access to Learning Award from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Toni also has received the Walk the Talk Global Citizen Award, The Friends of Nepal Award, the Northern Nevada International Center\'s International Visionary award, and is the Conde Nast Nepal Top Travel Specialist, Myths and Mountains has also been the recipient of Travel & Leisure\'s Global Vision Award.
For more than a quarter of a century, Toni has traveled within Asia and Southeast Asia, getting to know the people and their way of life. These intimate experiences are the heart and soul of every Myths and Mountains trip, and this is what makes each journey so unique. Toni speaks six languages, holds a Doctorate in Educational Administration as well as a Masters in French Literature, and has visited 60 countries around the world. She has spoken for diverse organizations as Sister Cities, Yale University, The Center for the Study of the Vietnam Conflict, and The Adventure Travel Trade Association, and been a frequent guest on a variety of radio shows.