Myths and Mountains and Nepal will forever be connected.
Kathmandu, Everest, Annapurna, Mustang – the place names of Nepal are synonymous with dramatic alpine scenery and adventure. Yet Nepal is about more than just sky-high landscapes. The humid lowlands of the Terai are home to lush jungles sheltering some of the world’s last wild tigers, while the Himalayan foothills burst into color each spring with some of the world’s most spectacular rhododendron forests. Above all, it’s the people – friendly and welcoming, with rich cultural and religious traditions – that make Nepal so special. Travelers marvel that they “went to Nepal for the mountains but returned for the people.”A country of tremendous variety and intriguing contrasts, Nepal is where Myths and Mountains began, and is near and dear to our hearts. Once you visit, you’re sure to understand why.
- Portrait of a girl Portrait of a girl
- Stepping up the Annapurnas Stepping up the Annapurnas
- Colorful man - L. Barghoorn Colorful man - L. Barghoorn
- Taking a breath Taking a breath
- Breakfast in the mountains Breakfast in the mountains
- Portrait of a dancer Portrait of a dancer
- Woman and child in East Nepal Woman and child in East Nepal
- Lunch date with Diane and a cow Lunch date with Diane and a cow
- Exhausted trekkers Exhausted trekkers
- Rhino in Gaida Rhino in Gaida
- Gokyo Ri summit Gokyo Ri summit
- Trekking necessities Trekking necessities
- Limbu girl Limbu girl
- Asan Tol in Kathmandu Asan Tol in Kathmandu
- Sadduhs in Kathmandu Sadduhs in Kathmandu
- Swayambu Vajra Swayambu Vajra
- Kathmandu Valley view Kathmandu Valley view
- Trekking Pumori Trail Trekking Pumori Trail
- Nepali boys Nepali boys
- Nuns of Muktinath Nuns of Muktinath
- Lo festival dancer Lo festival dancer
- The crown prince The crown prince
- Patan Kumari Patan Kumari
- Porter carrying dhokha Porter carrying dhokha
- Saddling up a youngster Saddling up a youngster
- Come fly with me Come fly with me
- Thorung La Thorung La
- The road to Tuckche The road to Tuckche
- Pun Mugger dance Pun Mugger dance
- Little girl - Mirjam Evers Little girl - Mirjam Evers
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"I just returned from a trek in Nepal and due to weather, we were unable to make it to Lukla as planned. Our guide, Kumar, changed our itinerary on the spot in order for us to maximize our time. We hiked 121 km of the Annapurna Circuit and the views were breathtaking. Our guide and porters were all incredibly supportive, knowledgeable, kind and fun! Kumar is responsible for helping me get over the pass with minimal issues and without him, I'm not sure what we would have done. I had complete confidence in his skills and he was able to address all my medical issues. I fell in love with the local people and was very sad to depart. What a great trip, I would 100% recommend Kumar and Myths to anyone looking for an incredible adventure in the Himalayas." - Katie
"Our family trip was even better than hoped. The short amount of time that we had in Nepal was worth the transatlantic voyage alone. Very impressive what you are all doing there - clearly it makes a huge difference in a lot of people's lives. We were so thrilled to be able to see the new READ Library under construction in Panauti and the team couldn't have been warmer and more welcoming." - Adam and Allison
"Go to Nepal and go soon. Our trekking guides did their utmost to meet our needs and won our hearts. The most memorable moments were our porter carrying me the last two rises up to Manang Summit -- the happiest moment in my life! And our guide baking a cake for my birthday, decorated beautifully with tomato slices. The trip was incredible." - Ellen and Marla
"As a solo-single female traveler, I had a fantastic trip. I absolutely adore elephants and they were my primary reason for going to Nepal. Tiger Tops was probably my very favorite spot I visited - I managed 4 rides in 2 days, I was in heaven! I would definitely recommend Myths and Mountains and hope to travel to some other countries with you." - DeeDee