A spectacular high-altitude region often called the "Roof of the World," Tibet is home to hardy people whose resilience reflects the extraordinary soul of this ancient land and its thriving Buddhist culture and traditions. Sunrise prayers at a remote monastery; holy pilgrimages to sacred peaks; colorful festivals filled with music, dancing, costumes and athleticism; glorious views of alpine vistas, pastoral valleys, flower-covered hillsides and barren desert plateaus - all of these and more make up Tibet, a place where mountains touch the sky and the spirit soars as high as the scenery.
- Chamdo monks Chamdo monks
- Tso Tso Tso Tso Tso Tso
- Pool and Pass Pool and Pass
- Sheep shearing Sheep shearing
- Everest Base Camp Everest Base Camp
- Lake Namtso Lake Namtso
- Milking a yak Milking a yak
- Nomad camp Nomad camp
- Kham horseman Kham horseman
- Boat to Samye Monastery Boat to Samye Monastery
- View of Everest form Dza Rongphu View of Everest form Dza Rongphu
- Karen hiking Mt. Kailas Karen hiking Mt. Kailas
- Mt. Kailas inspires Paula Mt. Kailas inspires Paula
- Beautiful smiles Beautiful smiles
- Prayer wheels in Barkor Prayer wheels in Barkor
- A moment at the Jokhang A moment at the Jokhang
- Jowo Sakyamuni Jowo Sakyamuni
- Potala in Lhasa Potala in Lhasa
- Saga kids Saga kids
- Sera debates Sera debates
- Terdrum Nun Terdrum Nun
- Yak salt caravan Yak salt caravan
- Top of the pass Top of the pass
- Prayer flags over Manasarovar Prayer flags over Manasarovar
- Kumbum in Gyantse Kumbum in Gyantse
- Reteng monks Reteng monks
- Woman and child Woman and child
- Kham woman Kham woman
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.