Creative, innovative itineraries for everyone's lifetime adventure
Argentina is a country of extremes – extreme beauty, extreme climates, and extreme diversity. From the Río de la Plata to Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia to the pampas, adventurers like you can check off a bucket list that includes massive glaciers, glorious mountains, soaring desert canyons, rushing rivers, cascading waterfalls, a stunning coastline, marvelous hiking, and abundant wildlife. Buenos Aires is Argentina’s cultural heartbeat, a trendy yet elegant city with a European flavor and a Latin American soul. And don’t forget the wine: fine vintages known around the world and reflecting the unique blend of grace and passion typical of the Argentinian people.
- Patagonia Flyfishing - Garry A.
- Los Glaciares Park - The Adams
- Stunning Patagonia - Paula & Bill C.
- Top national parks in the world
- Cerros Iruya in the North
- Stunning landscapes
- Vicunas everywhere
- Horseback riding in the wild
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"Our trip to Argentina was a wonderful experience of contrasts. From the European flair of Buenos Aires and sipping a cortado at an outdoor cafe, to the vast landscape of Tierra Del Fuego and walking the trails of the Yamana tribes. Flightless ducks steamrolling over Lapatia Bay as seen from our rafts and the ''end of the world" city of Ushuaia with its endless offerings of Fuegian lamb and King Crab. We'll never forget the time we heard and saw the Perito Moreno glacier calving. Our guides were all great and fun and we learned a lot...who knew how delicious Argentine chocolate is?" -- Francesca and Curtis
"Myths & Mountains created an amazing custom trip for us in Argentina. Lots of activity and adventure, which is exactly what we were seeking. One highlight was hiking the Moreno Glacier - something we've always dreamed of doing, but finally got to cross off our adventure list. Thank you!" -- Gail and Garry
"When we asked friends who to go to for expert advice on a trip to Argentina, they recommended Myths and Mountains. We wanted beauty and nature and food and wine. We came away with that and more …. like making friends with winemakers, kisses from our trekking guide, drinking mate tea by a campfire under a million stars. We could not have asked for more." -- Stephen and Monique