Culturally diverse traditions
A small country with big appeal, Ecuador has it all: easy-going people, diverse indigenous cultures, incomparable handicrafts, lively markets, lovely colonial cities, towering Andean volcanoes, and unspoiled tropical forests home to more species than almost anywhere else on the planet. Bring your family and stand on the Equator, venture into the cloud forest to discover the mind-boggling array of bird and plant life, or discover ancient healing traditions with a shaman deep in the rainforest. Surprise yourself with all that Ecuador has to offer.
- Hotel Anahi - Quito
- Andean highlands - Allie Almario
- Young Otavalo girl - Allie Almario
- Shamanism in the Amazon - Emory U
- New friends - Y. Balamohan
- Embrace the culture - Y. Balamohan
- Lovin' the llamas - D. Axelrod
- Quito by night - Allie Almario
- Cottage - Hacienda Cusin
- Las Palmeras - Otavalo
- Plaza Armadas, Quito - Allie Almario
- Sacha Lodge - Joanne DeGaust
- Hacienda Cusin
- Horseback riding - Hacienda Cusin
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"We had a great trip. Thanks to all of you there for all of your time and help. We also loved the Tren Crucero - a great train ride with luxury amenities, very well organized and put together program between the train travel and bus expeditions. And we loved Hacienda Cusin. What a find! You’re a genius. And how did we get our own little "Hobbit House" (cottage 10) instead of just a normal room? Thought we’d died and gone to heaven." - Linda and David
"I loved Ecuador. The people everywhere were wonderful. We came to learn some Spanish and to explore Ecuador and the Galapagos. We left with amazing experiences. One day we went to a beautiful lake in the mountains and the drive around the lake was just wonderful. We were able to meet local families tending their crops and animals – not something most tourists would see. We decided that there is a virgin assigned to protect everything in Ecuador except the showers, which were quite unpredictable! Every family must have at least one dog, preferably several, to protect their property. We loved that the dogs who loved who lived at Las Palmeras accompanied us on our walks. The hotels you suggested were just right – small and interesting." -- Ann
"We've been reflecting on our wonderful vacation in Ecuador and the Galapagos. Considering all the difficulties and surprises encountered, it was truly a trip of a lifetime. Just being among those amazing animals and birds in the islands was such a privilege. The landscape conjured up images of what the dawn of civilization must have been like. Truly awesome. So glad we met the challenges, pressed on, and ended up with some very vivid memories." -- Sheila