Exotic beauty and wildlife
Six hundred miles off the coast of Ecuador is a magical place where blue-footed boobies dance, prehistoric tortoises lumber through the forest, and marine iguanas surf the ocean alongside sea lions and penguins. These are the Galapagos Islands, whose exotic beauty and astonishing wildlife, unfazed by human beings, have captivated travelers for centuries. Nowhere else on this earth will you get this up close and personal to such rare and endangered wildlife. To sail on a Galapagos cruise is a true journey of a lifetime, great for individual travelers and couples, yet also a perfect adventure for families and other groups. Hike through dramatic volcanic landscapes filled with amazing creatures, snorkel with a dazzling array of marine life, and marvel at the diversity and adaptability of nature. It won’t take you long to understand why the Galapagos are known as the Enchanted Islands.
We're proud that one of America's top Galapagos experts is right here at Myths and Mountains. Our vice president, Allie Almario, has traveled to the Galapagos more than a dozen times and has worked on several guidebooks and film documentaries about the archipelago. She is also the former executive director of the International Galapagos Tour Operators Association and is the go-to expert for the media when questions about Galapagos conservation issues are raised. Allie will match your style of travel and budget with the right cruise ship to make your dream Galapagos expedition as flawless as possible.
- Blue-footed booby - Allie Almario Blue-footed booby - Allie Almario
- Marine iguana highway - Allie Almario Marine iguana highway - Allie Almario
- Galapagos penguins - Allie Almario Galapagos penguins - Allie Almario
- Well, hello! - Allie Almario Well, hello! - Allie Almario
- Sleepy sea lion - Allie Almario Sleepy sea lion - Allie Almario
- Snorkeling! - Joanne DeGaust Snorkeling! - Joanne DeGaust
- Baby sea lion - Barry Zitin Baby sea lion - Barry Zitin
- Hiking - Joanne DeGaust Hiking - Joanne DeGaust
- Awwwww…. - Melinda Zitin Awwwww…. - Melinda Zitin
- Coral 1 - Melinda Zitin Coral 1 - Melinda Zitin
- Sally Lightfoot Crab - Melinda Zitin Sally Lightfoot Crab - Melinda Zitin
- New friend - Melinda Zitin New friend - Melinda Zitin
- What's this? - Melinda Zitin What's this? - Melinda Zitin
- An icon - Dr. William McComas An icon - Dr. William McComas
- Typical luxury expedition ship Typical luxury expedition ship
- Typical large luxury expedition ship Typical large luxury expedition ship
- The Beluga, superior class motor sailer The Beluga, superior class motor sailer
- Map of the Galapagos Map of the Galapagos
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"The Galapagos cruise aboard the Corals was truly magical. Three things that struck us the most were the amazing variety of the wildlife, the fact that you can get SO close to the animals (even hawks and sea lions) without causing them any distress or fear, and that you can often observe several different species living in close proximity and harmony in one place. We especially enjoyed hiking on the lava field on Santiago Island. It was like walking on the moon." -- Barry and Melinda
"Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent job and all the hard work you did for us. I am still on a high from everything we did and saw. Our Quito guide. Gabriela, was very knowledgeable and informative; our Galapagos naturalists, Victor and Manuel, knew the answers to any questions asked of them. New Year's Eve in Ecuador was extraordinary. It was wonderful to take part in some of their traditions. In the Amazon, our guides Jorge and Jaime could detect birds and animals miles away and knew the sound of just about every animal. Thank you again for a memorable trip we will never forget." -- Anne and Joann
"The trip was amazing. Galapagos is a wonderful teacher. We had THE BEST naturalist guides and others herding us to and fro'. Snorkeling was ... I really don't have the words to describe the awesome journey with water critters. Hacienda Cusin was out of this world, and we desperately needed the rest there. We felt taken care of throughout the trip, which is exactly what we needed. All in all, a trip of a lifetime. You guys rock. We've been singing your praises up and down to everyone we know. Thank you for putting together a great vacation for us. We're so glad we went!" - Colleen & Ellen
"Our Ecuador trip was absolutely magical and wonderful in every way. Besides all the amazing animals and the fabulous snorkeling in the Galapagos, we just LOVED the hot springs spa and it was the perfect way to end the trip! You took all of our travel wishes and granted them. I’m so privileged to have shared this with my son." - Elizabeth & Liam
"The trip to the Galapagos was really awesome! I really liked our guides - both Wilson while we were in Ecuador and Orlando while we were in the Galapagos. The landscape and animals were really majestic and cool. I'm really glad I went there!" -- Elizabeth (age 11)
"We chose a junior suite on a four-day cruise aboard the LEGEND, a 100-passenger luxury expedition ship. Top marks to the cruise line - really really enjoyed the sailing itinerary." -- Robert and Noel
Contact a country specialist
Allie Almario, Vice President
Allie's fascination with wildlife conservation, photography, and indigenous cultures has taken her on countless adventures spanning all seven continents and nearly 70 countries. She\'s trekked by camel across India\'s Thar Desert, camped under the stars to hyenas howling in Botswana, and plunged into the frigid waters of Deception Bay in Antarctica. In Madagascar, she tracked lemurs in the wild, drank potent rice wine with headhunters in Borneo, and swam with white-tipped sharks in the Galapagos. Allie is the former executive director of the International Galapagos Tour Operators Association.