Cambodia is justly famous for its magnificent Khmer temples, but most travelers have yet to discover the country’s much wider appeal. Alongside these ancient treasures are a host of other wonders, from pristine beaches, abundant wildlife and irresistible villages to bustling cities and towns with lively markets, mouthwatering cuisine and vibrant arts, crafts and festivals. After the tragedies of the Khmer Rouge era, the people have bounced back with a warmth, openness and infectious zest for life that will linger in your heart forever.
- Ladies from CARE visit Ta Prohm Ladies from CARE visit Ta Prohm
- Young monk Young monk
- Visiting local villages - K. Fenner Visiting local villages - K. Fenner
- Elephant Camp - Julie Ganski Elephant Camp - Julie Ganski
- Kissing the Buddha - S. Finklestein Kissing the Buddha - S. Finklestein
- Living on the Mekong Living on the Mekong
- Monks on the river - Allie Almario Monks on the river - Allie Almario
- National Museum - Phnom Penh National Museum - Phnom Penh
- Buddha - Siem Reap Buddha - Siem Reap
- Sunset at Angkor Wat Sunset at Angkor Wat
- Hello! - Bill Chapman Hello! - Bill Chapman
- Monks eating near Ta Prohm Monks eating near Ta Prohm
- Fishing on Tonle Sap Lake Fishing on Tonle Sap Lake
- Navigating Tonle Sap Lake Navigating Tonle Sap Lake
- Kep seaside - Andy Brouwer Kep seaside - Andy Brouwer
- Kratie (colonial style) - Andy Brouwer Kratie (colonial style) - Andy Brouwer
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"My recent trip to Cambodia and Vietnam was excellent - from the guides, the people and the culture. It's important to remind travelers to remain open of heart and mind, be willing to step out of your comfort zone, don't be afraid to learn the language of the country you are visiting - it is a wonderful way to break the ice of interacting with locals. Most of all, your experiences and memories will be valuable all of your life … continue to travel and seek out new people and places!" -- Terri
"We want to thank you for making our anniversary so special. The poolside dinner was fabulous...romantic ambience and excellent food. The hotel even gave us roses and they put flower petals in the shape of a heart on our bed. When we returned to our room we were so surprised to find a gift from you and everyone at Myths and Mountains. We also enjoyed our massages and our bottle of champagne. And Ankgor Wat, the water blessing and Angkor Thom were the icing on the cake. We wanted a memorable anniversary and you certainly delivered!" -- Judy and Neal
"I had wanted to go to Cambodia and Laos for several years and, I have to say, it far exceeded my expectations. It was wonderful to have people to take care of us and not have to figure out where to go and what to do on our own. More importantly, we experienced the culture first hand. This was most meaningful to me - I came away with a real feeling for the people and cultures. Our guide knew so much about his region and he intermixed his knowledge with personal stories. Such a pleasure to be around him." -- Nell and James