A tropical archipelago made up of over 17,500 islands – of which 6,000 are inhabited – Indonesia is extremely diverse, both naturally and culturally. Predominantly Muslim, the country also has a strong Hindu and Buddhist heritage, vividly reflected in its culture, architecture and artistic traditions. Imagine yourself in Ubud with its vital traditions, on the island of Bali, home to ancient Hindu temples and unique art forms such as gamelan, or in central Java, site of Indonesia’s former capital, Yogyakarta, and the great eighth-century Buddhist complex of Borobudur. Animated markets, sweeping vistas, delectable cuisine and endearing people all add to the mix.
- Bali sunset Bali sunset
- Terranced rice field in Bali Terranced rice field in Bali
- Rice field festival Rice field festival
- Temple umbrellas Temple umbrellas
- Women festival Women festival
- Launching a boat Launching a boat
- Portrait of a woman Portrait of a woman
- Kelimutu volcano on Flores Kelimutu volcano on Flores
- Volcano on Flores Volcano on Flores
- Komodo dragon Komodo dragon
- Spend a week diving on a liveaboard Spend a week diving on a liveaboard
- Komodo National Park Komodo National Park
- Sulawesi hills Sulawesi hills
- Toraja cliffs Toraja cliffs
- Toraja house Toraja house
- Paola Priest Paola Priest
- Borobudor sunrise Borobudor sunrise
- Prambanan sunset Prambanan sunset
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.