Traveling Laos on vacation
The sun dances on the mighty Mekong, while deep in the rainforest some of the largest waterfalls in Asia tumble precipitously over huge boulders. Peerless craftspeople weave stunning textiles, carrying on rich artistic traditions, while on the enigmatic Plain of Jars giant stone remnants of a lost civilization tantalize with their mystery. This is Laos, where 50 percent of the countryside is still primary forest, hidden Khmer ruins are tucked into thick jungles, and the local people invite you into their homes and lives.
- Apa Mountain elephant ride
- Khong Pha Peng falls
- Selling birds - N. Connors
- Little Khone Island Train
- Luang Prabang textiles
- Khouang Si falls
- Pak Ou Buddhas
- Bird's eye view of the Royal Palace
- Luang Prabang Wat
- Sharing a meal - N. Connors
- Good morning! - D. Neese
- Walking with friends - D. Neese
- Bolvean Plateau
- Toys can be made out of anything
- Plains of Jars
- That Luang Stupa
- Dating ritual - N. Connors
- Wat Phu
- Friendly smile
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"I had wanted to go to Cambodia and Laos for several years and, I have to say, it far exceeded my expectations. It was wonderful to have people to take care of us and not have to figure out where to go and what to do on our own. More importantly, we experienced the culture first hand. This was most meaningful to me - I came away with a real feeling for the people and cultures. Our guide knew so much about his region and he intermixed his knowledge with personal stories. Such a pleasure to be around him." -- Nell and James