Travel to Myanmar
Isolated from the rest of the world for decades, Myanmar is Asia’s fourth largest country, rich in natural resources and ethnic diversity. From fairy-tale pagodas to spirited local markets, romantic riverside cities to remote hill tribe villages, Myanmar is an extraordinary blend of timelessness and change. It is a country of great geographic variety, rising from sea level to 19,295-foot Hkakabo Razi, southeast Asia’s highest mountain. A world that grabs hold of the imagination and doesn’t let go, Myanmar is a a place where welcoming people eagerly reach out to travelers and a society on the brink of change. The time to discover it is now.
- Sunrise over Bagan temples Sunrise over Bagan temples
- Watching sunset at Bagan Watching sunset at Bagan
- Life in Inle Lake Life in Inle Lake
- Inle Lake festival Inle Lake festival
- Rural markets Rural markets
- Golden Rock Temple Golden Rock Temple
- Stupa row in Mandalay - Allie Almario Stupa row in Mandalay - Allie Almario
- Glimpse of rural life Glimpse of rural life
- Schwedagon Pagoda - Yangon Schwedagon Pagoda - Yangon
- Young nuns Young nuns
- Akai woman Akai woman
- The Akha tribe The Akha tribe
- Little Girl in Ngapali Little Girl in Ngapali
- Ngapali Beach Ngapali Beach
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.