Thailand vacation of a lifetime
Thailand is a feast for the senses, a magical array of landscapes, culture, history and people. The northwest boasts multiple ethnic minorities, magnificent crafts and carefully preserved national parks. Rarely visited, Issan in the northeast is the rice belt of the country and home to elephant polo, Khmer ruins and Bronze-Age. Heading south, you can luxuriate on white sands, hike through Khao Suk National Park, rock climb on Railay Beach, or sea canoe through caves into tidal lagoons. And above all there are the Thai people – gracious, warm, friendly and joyous.
- Long neck woman Long neck woman
- Akha woman portrait Akha woman portrait
- Buddha head in Ayutthaya Buddha head in Ayutthaya
- Ayutthaya monks Ayutthaya monks
- Grand Palace in Bangkok Grand Palace in Bangkok
- Making friends in Bangkok Making friends in Bangkok
- Wat Pra Keo Wat Pra Keo
- Chiang Mai night market Chiang Mai night market
- Village bottoms Village bottoms
- Toothy grins Toothy grins
- Doi Mae Salong liquor Doi Mae Salong liquor
- Akha grandma and child Akha grandma and child
- Ruamit elephant ride Ruamit elephant ride
- Joss stick lady Joss stick lady
- Lotus pond Lotus pond
- Mae Ong Son lake temples Mae Ong Son lake temples
- Dried fish at the market Dried fish at the market
- Moslem man Moslem man
- Northeast farmer Northeast farmer
- Phang Ma coast Phang Ma coast
- Khao Suk river Khao Suk river
- Family sea kayaking in Phuket Family sea kayaking in Phuket
- Sunset in Saba Sunset in Saba
- Sukkothai Buddha Sukkothai Buddha
- Fishermen park their sea canoe Fishermen park their sea canoe
- Fishing village Fishing village
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"You just did a magnificent job doing what we wanted and doing what we didn't know we wanted." - Sally and Richard
"You made us see a part of Thailand that we never thought we'd get to experience with our kids. We loved the elephant ride up to visit the remote hill tribes. Every day was a new adventure." - Patrick and Genean
Contact a country specialist
Dr. Antonia Neubauer, President
Traveler, humanitarian, and teacher, Toni is the guiding spirit behind Myths and Mountains, and founder of READ Global, a nonprofit global organization dedicated to inspiring rural prosperity by building rural library community centers and seeding sustaining businesses as catalysts for development. READ Nepal was selected as recipient of the 2006 Access to Learning Award from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Toni also has received the Walk the Talk Global Citizen Award, The Friends of Nepal Award, the Northern Nevada International Center\'s International Visionary award, and is the Conde Nast Nepal Top Travel Specialist, Myths and Mountains has also been the recipient of Travel & Leisure\'s Global Vision Award.
For more than a quarter of a century, Toni has traveled within Asia and Southeast Asia, getting to know the people and their way of life. These intimate experiences are the heart and soul of every Myths and Mountains trip, and this is what makes each journey so unique. Toni speaks six languages, holds a Doctorate in Educational Administration as well as a Masters in French Literature, and has visited 60 countries around the world. She has spoken for diverse organizations as Sister Cities, Yale University, The Center for the Study of the Vietnam Conflict, and The Adventure Travel Trade Association, and been a frequent guest on a variety of radio shows.