Travel beautiful Vietnam
Lush green rice paddies, isolated hill tribe communities, huge local markets, 1,300 miles of beaches, graceful pagodas, ancient temples, colorful folk art, mouthwatering cuisine, and, of course, the mighty Mekong River – these are just some of the enchanting images that come to mind when one thinks of Vietnam. From the elegant capital city, Hanoi, to the limestone karst islands dotting Halong Bay, this dynamic and pragmatic country is one of the most vibrant in Southeast Asia.
- Flower Hmong lady from Bac Ha Flower Hmong lady from Bac Ha
- Nung lady Nung lady
- Buon Me Thuot boy Buon Me Thuot boy
- Kisses in Dalat Kisses in Dalat
- Emory students singing in Hanoi Emory students singing in Hanoi
- Fun at My Son Fun at My Son
- Sea canoeing with Emory University Sea canoeing with Emory University
- Halong Bay sunset Halong Bay sunset
- La Paloma Junk La Paloma Junk
- Boy artist in Hanoi Boy artist in Hanoi
- Hanoi opera Hanoi opera
- Hoam Kiem bridge Hoam Kiem bridge
- President's Palace President's Palace
- Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City
- Hoi An - Allie Almario Hoi An - Allie Almario
- Perfume River boat Perfume River boat
- Independence Day parade Independence Day parade
- Local visit - Kim Stuart Local visit - Kim Stuart
- Eating noodles - Kim Stuart Eating noodles - Kim Stuart
- Mai Chao bikers Mai Chao bikers
- Mekong river market boat - HG Mekong river market boat - HG
- Boating on the Mekong Boating on the Mekong
- Motorcycling with friends - J. Caruso Motorcycling with friends - J. Caruso
- Nhatrang Aquarium Nhatrang Aquarium
- Sapa - Kim Stuart Sapa - Kim Stuart
- Sapa mother and child Sapa mother and child
- Dai child Dai child
- Dzi children Dzi children
There are currently no available trips, please check back later.
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams. If none of our existing itineraries are perfect, we're thrilled to create a personalized trip just for you, your friends, and your family.
Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
2. Talk with us about where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
3. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost for you to review and suggest changes you would like to see.
4. Based on your feedback, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
5. Review the new program. If it works, we will ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost usually, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it?s your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
"I want to thank Myths and Mountains for a vacation that was simply the best trip that I've ever been on. Cuong is the best guide I've ever had the pleasure of traveling with. His life story is amazing and his willingness to share it with us was an honor. I now have a perspective on Vietnamese history that is unique and rich with first hand details. All the extra things that he did with us were all amazing from doing some charity work with the poorest of the Vietnamese minority classes. With just a few phone calls, he set up an afternoon and evening at a village of the Bana people with traditional clothing, music and dancing that we were able to participate in. As wonderful as all the things we were able to do off the motorcycles were, it was the riding that was just the best part of the trip. It is such an engaging way to see a country. You are so focused on where you are physically. From the scenery of the mountains, valleys, or urban areas.... You are also intently watching the road conditions and all the other bikes, cars, trucks, buses and people that you are sharing the space with. To be so aware of everything around you is just a fantastic way to travel." -- Jim
"Myths and Mountains' ability to create an absolutely wonderful trip in such short notice deserves praise in itself. Our Vietnam adventure takes the top spot in so many different categories - being one of the best trips we've ever been on. Our guide, Cuong, made the trip. We became fast friends and it rapidly felt as though he was just showing us his country as friends. Everything was absolutely terrific and we can't say enough about how the trip has changed and enriched us." -- Craig and Stephanie
Contact a country specialist
Dr. Antonia Neubauer, President
Traveler, humanitarian, and teacher, Toni is the guiding spirit behind Myths and Mountains, and founder of READ Global, a nonprofit global organization dedicated to inspiring rural prosperity by building rural library community centers and seeding sustaining businesses as catalysts for development. READ Nepal was selected as recipient of the 2006 Access to Learning Award from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Toni also has received the Walk the Talk Global Citizen Award, The Friends of Nepal Award, the Northern Nevada International Center\'s International Visionary award, and is the Conde Nast Nepal Top Travel Specialist, Myths and Mountains has also been the recipient of Travel & Leisure\'s Global Vision Award.
For more than a quarter of a century, Toni has traveled within Asia and Southeast Asia, getting to know the people and their way of life. These intimate experiences are the heart and soul of every Myths and Mountains trip, and this is what makes each journey so unique. Toni speaks six languages, holds a Doctorate in Educational Administration as well as a Masters in French Literature, and has visited 60 countries around the world. She has spoken for diverse organizations as Sister Cities, Yale University, The Center for the Study of the Vietnam Conflict, and The Adventure Travel Trade Association, and been a frequent guest on a variety of radio shows.